Oh yeah, and at lunch I totally crushed a garbage can that was out in the street. I was looking on the side of the road at a pile of stuff, thinking, trying to decide if I really needed a broken foosball table, and wham, I nailed the can. I'm hanging up my car keys.
Music crap nicked from thefirstman over on Myspace:
1. Of all the bands/artists in your cd/record collection, which one do you own the most albums by?
Hrmmm. I have the whole Zeppelin catalogue, so that's probably it. I have hundreds of Gov't Mule live recordings, though.
2. What was the last song you listened to?
Something off Iron Maiden's Seventh Son of a Seventh Son.
3. What's in your CD player right now?
a mix CD my fren had send me
4. What song would you say sums you up?
"Shake Hands with Beef"
5. What's your favorite local band?
Never seen any. Wait, that's not true. pencilgrass was kind of fun, mostly for their funk/jazz/soul cover of Fugazi's "Waiting Room," but I wouldn't actually go out and see them. Hmmmm, and I'm listening to that again, and it's much less amusing than it was when I heard it live.
6. What was the last show you attended?
Fishbone in August. Been way too long.
7. What was the greatest show you've ever been to?
fIREHOSE in 1991 (maybe '92) was amazing. I went apeshit when they went into "Slack Motherfucker." And I got to have a beer with Mike Watt. =)
8. What's the shittiest band you've ever seen in concert?
Metallica on the Black Album tour. It was like I witnessed their change from inventive musicians into arena buttrockers at that very show. I saw a heck of a lot of bad hair-metal cover bands back in the day at festivals and junk. I used to see two of the guys from Blind Melon covering Motley Crue, Guns 'n Roses, and the Megadeth cover of "Anarchy in the U.S." [sic]. And they were actually the best cover band around--much better than that group called Eli whose singer wore a blonde crewcut and a mink coat.
9. What band do you love musically but hate the members of?
I don't know that there's any band that I hate all the members of. I love Slayer but don't think much of Kerry King. I dig Jane's Addiction but think Dave Navarro is a festering nest of caked anal hairs.
10. What is the most musically involved you have ever been?
In garage bands that rarely practiced and never played except for talent shows and a party. Oh, and I played the drums in the band in sixth and seventh grades.
11. What show are you looking forward to?
I dunno. Who's playing? I would like to see Danzig with Doyle in Worcester this month, but I'm gonna be in NYC that weekend. I'd also like to see Priest this summer, but I've gotten so that I hate arena shows (and paying sixty bucks to see a band).
12. What is your favorite band shirt?
My Jesus Lizard shirt with the dunce in the wheelchair getting humped by some girl. Crap, I haven't seen that shirt for a while.
13. What musician would you like to hang out with for a day?
Zamfir, master of the pan flute. That guy can party like whoa.
14. What musician would you like to hump for a day?
Zamfir, master of the pan flute. That guy can hump like whoa.
15. Metal question--Jeans and Leather vs. Cracker Jack clothes?
What the hell are Cracker Jack clothes? Spandex and that? Gimme denim and leather.
16. Sabbath or solo Ozzy?
17. Commodores or solo Lionel Ritchie?
18. Blackjack or solo Michael Bolton?
Heh. Never heard Blackjack, but they can't be worse than his solo stuff.
19. Doesn't Primus suck?
I still count them among bands I like, but I never listen to them anymore.
20. Name 3 flawless albums:
Public Enemy -- It Takes a Nation of Millions to Hold Us Back
Minutemen -- Double Nickels on the Dime
The Clash -- London Calling
21. Did you know that filling out this survey makes you a music geek?
sure, why not
22. What was the greatest decade for music?
The 1780s. Hell, I don't know. Pretty much any decade is going to have stuff that's good, stuff that ain't, and stuff that's good but I'm just not into.
23. How many music-related videos/dvds do you own?
Several. I have several.
24. Do you like Journey?
No. If "Separate Ways" comes on the radio (on the off chance that I'm listening to the radio), I'll probably turn it up, but mostly for the nostalgia cheese factor.
25. Don't try to pretend you don't!
Heh, OK. Steve Perry could totally rock a muscle shirt. And their video game was cool. And in the '70s Neal Schon had a HUGE afro.
26. What is your favorite movie soundtrack?
A Clockwork Orange. I don't really buy soundtrack albums. Judgment Night was fun except that it was a harbinger of a lot of really bad music to come.
27. What was your last musical "phase" before you wisened up?
When I was trading Gov't Mule and Allman Bros. live stuff, I collected a good bit of jamband-type stuff--even some Dead and Phish--just because it was out there and I was addicted to trading. Also a lot of Widespread Panic. (Though I actually do think their first album is really good, for the most part they're boring as shit.) Eventually, I said, wait, what am I doing--I don't even LIKE this shit!
28. What's the crappiest CD/record/etc you've ever bought?
Krokus, Change of Address leaps to mind. I listened to that tape like once in the ninth grade, and I can still remember its exact stench. Around the same time, my friend bought Raven's The Pack is Back, and it was so bad that we had to destroy it. We ran over it with the car a few times, took it back to the store, and told them it didn't play right. But it still played fine, so they wouldn't take it back. So we got on the highway, cut the tape, held onto the end, and let the cassette stream out the window. You'd be surprised how long those suckers will get before they finally break. It was so much fun that we started doing it with blank tapes. Napoleon Dynamite had nothing on us with his action figure out the bus window.
29. Do you prefer vinyl or Cd's?
Never got into vinyl, so definitely CD. I like music, but I'm not an audiophile. LP covers slay jewel cases, though.
I guess they ran out of questions. What kind of survey has 29 questions?!?